Who are we?
At Modern Ballroom Dance Studio we teach a variety of social dances so that people can be ready for any situation that comes along: weddings, corporate events, special dates, and many more dancing opportunities. Our ballroom dance classes are specially taught so that everyone can get the most out of every lesson. We focus on creating a friendly, inviting atmosphere for our students and guests. We opened the doors to our new studio space in August of 2017 and have been experiencing rapid growth ever since.
Please email a resume and cover letter detailing your interest and teaching experience to ModernBallroom.NOVA@gmail.com. Please, no phone calls.
Part Time Dance Studio Admin
What is the role?
We are seeking a Part-time Dance Studio Admin to join our growing team at our Woodbridge, VA location. This position will work directly with the studio Owner and staff in order to facilitate the functioning of the business. Daily activities may include client communications, database management, executive support, and general office management. Through these various tasks, one will become an important part of an entrepreneurial arts company.
Who are we looking for?
Initially, we are looking for a Candidate to fill a Saturday morning position, from approximately 9:00 AM through 2:30 PM every Saturday. Additional weekend and weekday hours are also available, but only after the Saturday morning position is filled. Candidates should possess sound judgment, initiative, excellent organizational and communication skills, and the ability to remain composed under pressure. We love to have fun here, so a person with strong and resilient sense of humor is preferred.
Be honest and humble
Willingness to learn and share his/her experiences
Work well independently and in a group
Strong understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google platform
Well-organized, and comfortable with multi-tasking
An interest in dance is ideal, but not required
Open and close studio for our Saturday programs
Manage client registration and payments
Respond to client inquiries
Assist with other events and studio management as needed
Gain real-world experience with a new business
As Modern Ballroom is a small business, one will immediately be able to see the impact of their work
Have the chance to see if the dance studio world has the right career path for you (dance instructor; arts administrator; studio owner; etc.)
Earn free dance classes based on time worked with the company
Competitive pay commensurate with market and experience
You are responsible for your own food, housing, and transportation
You must be at least 16 years of age or older
You must have the right to work in the United States
Part-time Children’s Dance Instructor
Do you love dance and working with children?
Modern Ballroom Dance Studio recently celebrated its one-year anniversary bringing dance to the Woodbridge/Occoquan/Lake Ridge area. To date we’ve focused on adult classes, but we’ve gotten so many inquiries for children’s classes that we are now looking to begin a children’s program!
What is the role?
We are seeking a Part-time Children’s Dance Instructor (“Instructor”) to join our growing team at our Woodbridge, VA location. Your team at Modern Ballroom will be unlike any other work team you’ve been a part of. We all care deeply about dance, about sharing our knowledge with the world, about supporting each other, and making the studio a success.
The Instructor would assist studio management in creating the children’s dance program, which could include classes in a variety of dance styles such as ballet, jazz, modern, hip-hip, ballroom, etc. The exact calendar of classes will depend on the capabilities of the Instructor and demand from the community.
We expect the children’s dance program would start with between 2-4 classes per week, with opportunity for more if there is sufficient demand. The Instructor would be paid a competitive flat fee per class, with an opportunity for a commission for high enrollment.
Above all else, we are looking for someone who will come in with a positive attitude, who loves dance, and who is committed to making the children’s program a success.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with studio management to design children’s program
- Teach children’s group classes
- Teach children’s private and semi-private lessons as needed
- Promote the children’s classes
- Prepare students for performances and showcases
- Attend all children-related Studio hosted events and parties
- Perform with students and other instructors as needed
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience teaching dance to children
- We are open to a variety of styles, such as ballet, jazz, modern, hip-hop, ballroom, etc.
- Class specific certification or license
- 2 years of experience in fitness/educational area
- Earn extra money doing something you love
- Opportunities to receive dance training to grow as a dancer yourself
- Be a part of a joyful team of instructors and staff
- Active job that keeps you fit
- Free access to our beautiful studio for self-practice
- Discounts and free admission to events with our friends and partners
- Must have reliable transportation to the studio’s Woodbridge, VA location
- Must be able to physically carry out the dance movements that will be taught
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older
- You must have the right to work in the United States
The Instructor will be paid a competitive flat fee per class taught, plus the opportunity for commission based on high enrollment.
All are encouraged to apply, regardless of: race, class, ability, gender, sexual orientation, and religion.